Recognition of prior learning
What if you already know this stuff?
Your current skills and knowledge don’t go unrecognised. There is a process to fast track your qualifications through Recognition of Prior Learning. Check the courses below to see if you’re eligible.
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking – two or more years of loan writing experience (within the past five years)
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management – three or more years of dealing with complex or involved lending scenarios (within the past five years)
If you fit the bill, we can issue you a full qualification to meet the industry requirements as documented by ASIC and industry bodies such as the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) and the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA).
What do you have to do?
- Complete the Recognition of Prior Learning Application Form for your chosen course.
- Provide a detailed CV / résumé outlining your work history, experience and qualifications in the finance industry.
- If you already have the Certificate IV qualification and are looking to upgrade to the Diploma, enclose a copy of your Certificate and Statement of Attainment (or if it is a FARSTA qualification, just advise the Certificate number and date of issue).
- Provide a case study of your work. This needs to include a copy of loan application fully completed including checklists, capacity, file notes etc. Please ensure all personal information regarding clients’ names, addresses and phone numbers are removed for privacy requirements. For the Diploma program, the case study must be a complex scenario.
- For the Diploma program, you must provide a portfolio detailing items such as a compliance / risk management plan, SWOT analysis and a business plan for your business.
Send all information to FARSTA, with your enrolment fee, via post or email to PO Box 6, Paddington, Qld 4064 or email@example.com.
What happens then?
- Map the portfolio of evidence provided to the qualifications’ competencies.
- Identify any area of competency that will require any additional assessment.
- Document and return a process that will lead to fulfilling evidence of any specific competency.
- Review any additional requirement.
- Issue Qualification and Statement of Attainment.
Qualifications will be forwarded within 14 days of successful completion of all required assessment items.
For more information on the Recognition of Prior Learning process, please contact us on 07 3368 2719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.